By Nick Stamatakis
I truly have a hard time finding where to start with this issue. Below you can see the three pages of directives the Archdiocese issued for re-opening the Churches in New York… The “memo” they wanted to hide from the faithful…
- Why don’t they have the courage, sincerity and conviction to share these directives with the faithful? Why are they stressing that “This is a memo for clergy and should not under any circumstance be posted, shared or copied to email or social media”? Are they so idiotic to believe that these directives would stay hidden in the background? This is not Turkey, AB Elpidophoros… Nobody is afraid of your authority… And why not share it with the faithful if you are so convinced that these directives are expressing the eternal values of our faith?
- Why do your directives seem to provide harsher “distancing” and other rules for our churches than any supermarket or Walmart or liquor store? Ten people per Church and 100 for each supermarket, even though our Churches are usually bigger, more spacious and 10 times cleaner than any commercial establishment and certainly most supermarkets?
- As for the rules for receiving Holy Communion (page 3), one could write a whole book… The temporary nature of the measures is understandable. But the so-called “leadership” should also understand that they are leading the Church of Christ and not a teenager’s soccer club. The Church of Christ has been (during the last thousand years) through numerous pandemics, and countless other events such, natural disasters, wars, catastrophes… The rules of giving Holy Communion did not change through all these pandemics and catastrophes… Yet in the times of Bartholomew and Elpidophoros everything is negotiable, everything is for sale. IF THEY WERE NOT SURE ABOUT THEIR FAITH IT WOULD BE BETTER TO POSTPONE GIVING HOLY COMMUNION FOR 2-3 MONTHS AND IN THE MEANTIME ALLOW IT ONLY TO THOSE DYING… That way they would avoid watering down such important elements of faith and reducing them to such a level where they have lost much of their meaning…. (Please see here what one of the most enlightened Orthodox leaders of our time, Metropolitan of Mesogaias Nikolaos, has said about this issue).
- When will the so-called “leaders” of the Church plan to speak up to the secular authorities? They did not speak up to the “baby-killer” politicians like Andrew Cuomo, they do not speak up now, when the Church of Christ is reduced to rubble…
- I would not insist on the subject anymore if it was not clear that all these “baby steps” by Bartholomew and company, by Pope Francis and others are leading us to a Globalist Pan-Religion… We will present these “baby” and “larger” steps soon… It is obvious to all that nothing is unintentional in this pandemic… We are living the biggest irony of all: We are watching the leader of secular authorities today, President Trump, to urge the opening of the churches around the country in a way that is fair and equitable with other establishments, while our Church leaders minimize the efforts for re-opening the churches to levels lower than liquor stores… In a few months there will be no Church for them to lead… You can see it here in .pdf format GOA PREPARATION FOR OPENING THE CHURCHES AND HOLY COMMUNION