By Nick Stamatakis
Desperate for money, both the Patriarchate and GOARCH have been opening foundation after foundation in the last few years. We all were accustomed to “Leadership 100” and the “Archons” but suddenly, after AB Elpidophoros was enthroned, we were introduced to the “Senators of Hellenism” and recently to the “Patriarch Bartholomew Foundation”… What’s the rush? Are we to believe that “financial independence for the Patriarchate” is a true goal? We have seen enough corruption the last few decades to swallow such a monstrous lie…
We will examine the real reasons behind establishing the latest “Foundation” at the end of this post. But for now let us just state some facts:
- The “foundation” is two years behind in filing a tax return. Incorporated in January 2019, it still hasn’t filed form 990 tax return for its first year. This is very strange as GOARCH and St.Nicholas at Ground Zero are still under federal investigation for missing money and numerous other violations. It’s true that Karloutsos is actively protected by his connections at the Governor’s office and the State Dept. But no matter how high his connections are, he cannot cover the truth of his wrongdoings from the same people he is asking money from… Are these people to keep funding these wrongdoings?
- The name on the foundation website does not match the IRS number below, which is misleading and it is the same exact “trick” they did with St. Nicholas Shrine. In other words when you enter the Tax ID mentioned on the website (83-3599880) in the IRS website then a different name appears (see below). Why don’t the numbers match the name? Maybe because they want the funds to go elsewhere?
- The same persons/names keep appearing again and again as “officers” or “spiritual leaders” or as any other poor linguistic excuse of an office holder’s title. Basically, Karloutsos and Psaros are in charge everywhere – at the same time as Karloutsos is “retired” and “under investigation”. He does not seem to be “retired” at all when it comes to collecting money: He is still a chaplain at the Port Authority, still a Stony Brook University Trustee, and still putting his fingers in all the honey of ALL the foundations and licking it with a passion… Apparently, Karloutsos decided that being at the “front window” of GOARCH was damaging his “business” and he pulled himself to the backstage where he always was – where he feels very comfortable…
- The fact that the Bartholomew Foundation says nothing specific on their website about what they actually do is an obvious clue for their mismanagement before they even began operating. If they wanted to be honest they should say a lot more than the supposed “financial independence of the Patriarchate”. And they should have established a minimum set of rules for transparency and accountability. Yes, the Turks do not allow the Patriarchate to operate normally, but Switzerland and other European countries (Why don’t they keep money in Greece? Or maybe they do and keep it a secret?) allow the establishment of Foundations. Why don’t they operate as any non-profit organization should in any of these countries?
- This is an excerpt from the Bartholomew Foundation website where they have the gall to ask people to give them their irrevocable trust or will – an unbelievable act in itself given their atrociously corrupt behavior over the years… Here is the actual wording:
Leaving a gift in your will or revocable living trust is a wonderful way to ensure that your support of the Bartholomew Foundation helps our mission for generations to come.
You may designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of your residual estate to the Bartholomew Foundation, while leaving other assets to your family and friends.
There is no minimum requirement. Every legacy gift makes a difference.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS
Provide your attorney with the sample language below:
“I give [the residue of my estate], or [___% of the residue of my estate], or [the sum of _______ dollars] to the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Foundation: For the Sacred See of Saint Andrew, Inc., New York, NY, for its general purposes.”
Include this information:
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Foundation
8 East 79th Street New York, NY 10075
Federal Tax ID Number – 83-3599880
=============================And this is the filing with the New York State:
Selected Entity Status Information
Current Entity Name:
ECUMENICAL PATRIARCH BARTHOLOMEW FOUNDATION INC.
DOS ID #:
Initial DOS Filing Date:
JANUARY 17, 2019
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
Current Entity Status:
Selected Entity Address Information
DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
C/O ORDER OF ST. ANDREW THE APOSTLE, OFFICE MANAGER