By Nick Stamatakis
Desperate for money, both the Patriarchate and GOARCH have been opening foundation after foundation in the last few years. We all were accustomed to “Leadership 100” and the “Archons” but suddenly, after AB Elpidophoros was enthroned, we were introduced to the “Senators of Hellenism” and recently to the “Patriarch Bartholomew Foundation”… What’s the rush? Are we to believe that “financial independence for the Patriarchate” is a true goal? We have seen enough corruption the last few decades to swallow such a monstrous lie…
We will examine the real reasons behind establishing the latest “Foundation” at the end of this post. But for now let us just state some facts:
- The “foundation” is two years behind in filing a tax return. Incorporated in January 2019, it still hasn’t filed form 990 tax return for its first year. This is very strange as GOARCH and St.Nicholas at Ground Zero are still under federal investigation for missing money and numerous other violations. It’s true that Karloutsos is actively protected by his connections at the Governor’s office and the State Dept. But no matter how high his connections are, he cannot cover the truth of his wrongdoings from the same people he is asking money from… Are these people to keep funding these wrongdoings?
- The name on the foundation website does not match the IRS number below, which is misleading and it is the same exact “trick” they did with St. Nicholas Shrine. In other words when you enter the Tax ID mentioned on the website (83-3599880) in the IRS website then a different name appears (see below). Why don’t the numbers match the name? Maybe because they want the funds to go elsewhere?
- The same persons/names keep appearing again and again as “officers” or “spiritual leaders” or as any other poor linguistic excuse of an office holder’s title. Basically, Karloutsos and Psaros are in charge everywhere – at the same time as Karloutsos is “retired” and “under investigation”. He does not seem to be “retired” at all when it comes to collecting money: He is still a chaplain at the Port Authority, still a Stony Brook University Trustee, and still putting his fingers in all the honey of ALL the foundations and licking it with a passion… Apparently, Karloutsos decided that being at the “front window” of GOARCH was damaging his “business” and he pulled himself to the backstage where he always was – where he feels very comfortable…
- The fact that the Bartholomew Foundation says nothing specific on their website about what they actually do is an obvious clue for their mismanagement before they even began operating. If they wanted to be honest they should say a lot more than the supposed “financial independence of the Patriarchate”. And they should have established a minimum set of rules for transparency and accountability. Yes, the Turks do not allow the Patriarchate to operate normally, but Switzerland and other European countries (Why don’t they keep money in Greece? Or maybe they do and keep it a secret?) allow the establishment of Foundations. Why don’t they operate as any non-profit organization should in any of these countries?
- This is an excerpt from the Bartholomew Foundation website where they have the gall to ask people to give them their irrevocable trust or will – an unbelievable act in itself given their atrociously corrupt behavior over the years… Here is the actual wording:
Leaving a gift in your will or revocable living trust is a wonderful way to ensure that your support of the Bartholomew Foundation helps our mission for generations to come.
You may designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of your residual estate to the Bartholomew Foundation, while leaving other assets to your family and friends.
There is no minimum requirement. Every legacy gift makes a difference.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS
Provide your attorney with the sample language below:
“I give [the residue of my estate], or [___% of the residue of my estate], or [the sum of _______ dollars] to the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Foundation: For the Sacred See of Saint Andrew, Inc., New York, NY, for its general purposes.”
Include this information:
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Foundation
8 East 79th Street New York, NY 10075
Federal Tax ID Number – 83-3599880
=============================And this is the filing with the New York State:
Selected Entity Status Information
Current Entity Name:
ECUMENICAL PATRIARCH BARTHOLOMEW FOUNDATION INC.
DOS ID #:
Initial DOS Filing Date:
JANUARY 17, 2019
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
Current Entity Status:
Selected Entity Address Information
DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
C/O ORDER OF ST. ANDREW THE APOSTLE, OFFICE MANAGER
Thanks for keeping us informed.
You said 13 sexual abuse lawsuits in GOA but should be 14 – if there was justice;
AB Elpidoforos aka “ElpiNotForUs” should be sued for sexual misconduct.
Elpi invited 2 gays to live with him at Archdiocese & they exposed him leading a lifestyle unbecoming a Hierarch.
It’s against our Faith’s tenets to have a practicing homosexual as Hierarch.
It’s against Christian doctrine to be a practicing homosexual for all Christians not just clergy.
As convert to Orthodoxy I already left Anglican Church to flee radical leftism which allows homosexual priests only to find
Greek church in USA is now contaminated with same agenda & a gay Archbishop. Disgraceful.
I’ll go to Russian church.
My Yiayia used to say this right before her grandkids would step out the front door: “Ta matia sas tekatessera!”
Sir Gatanas, can you explain why the usage of the Number fourteen? Thank you.
Met. Nathanael suddenly decided to contribute $100.000 out of his own pocket!!
Start writing the IRS challenging their status as granted.
Write to the office that sent their determination letter.
Tell them Vicar Alex and Metro Nate sent you.
Larissa: the 14th lawsuit is the phony embarrassment – the new Archbishop Elps!
This culprit is out to dismantle our Greek Orthodox Church – it’s lawsuit worthy
& his limiting how long a Priest can remain is heartless; we already lost some great Priests like Fr Vassily!
Each and every Parish Council and parish Priest must be challenged to address the obvious corruption in the Greek Orthodox Church. If they won’t address it, then they condone it.
Someone must face criminal charges for the epic mismanagement of money at this point.
Time to throw out the thieves, incompetents, perverts and parasites. That the hierarchs victimize those simple prestige seekers with fluff titles and fancy jackets with emblems, etc, puts them down at the level of the con artists.
‘Dropi’ doesn’t cut it any longer, it’s reached the point of ‘katara tou Theou’. It might even be dangerous to stand near these people.
Yes I believe it IS dangerous to stand near these corrupt elites controlled by Bartholomew.
Prestige seekers indeed –
the endless stupid awards ceremonies,
& now Elpi the “make believe” Archbishop bestowing titles to his paramours;
I think I’m going to vomit.
Collectively, hasn’t it gotten to the point
we’re ashamed to say,
I’m Greek Orthodox?