UPDATE Sep 23. 8pm: We just saw that the Archbishop has issued an apology... An apology is always welcome in Christianity – this is the cornerstone of our faith. And it is always welcome. Having said that, I have to note that I have heard the Archbishop issuing apologies very often, to the point that the word “apology” is losing its meaning. Especially for this issue, “bowing to the Turks”, the apology IS NOT ENOUGH. Why? Because it has become standard practice for the Archbishop to bow to the Turks. Let me count the ways: 1) Visits by Turkish consuls to his office and Met. Nathanael office. 2) His visit to Erdogan’s hotel in New York. 3) Patriarch Bartholomew’s stay in the Turkish Ambassador’s house in DC FOR DAYS a few years ago. 4) The evident open lines between 79th Street and the Turkish Foreign Ministry. Should I remind all the lengthy visit at Phanar of the new Turkish ambassador to DC a few months ago and the detailed discussion that ensued? I will stop here… Apologies for this issue are not going to solve the problem – it will take many years to regain trust. And AB Elpidoktonos does not have that much time left in America – one way or the other…
By Nick Stamatakis
After both PM Mistotakis and Cyprus President Anastasiades canceled their meetings with AB “Elpidoktonos” at 79th Street, a great effort was made by GOARCH and their allies to schedule a photo-op between the Greek PM and the Archbishop at Ground Zero for a tour of St.Nicholas. Yet, when the time came to confirm it, Mitsotakis took a look at the rage throughout the Greek-American community and the front page news in Greece and Cyprus and calculated that this one photo with AB Elpidoktonos will cost him dearly, as he is already struggling in the polls. And everything was canceled…
You can read the news below – but here I have to make a few notes that you will not read anywhere else:
- Few people paid attention to the fact that next to the AB Elpidoktonos an Imam was sitting, the same imam who played a role in the ceremonies following the turning of Hagia Sophia to a mosque, the same Imam who later was caught propagandizing against Israel and the “occupied Jerusalem”…
- The role of the pro-Israel lobby in the US and internationally – along with the Armenian lobby – was absolutely central for the decisions that followed last Monday’s events. At a moment when the whole US policy in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East is centered around the tripartite alliance between Greece-Cyprus-Israel to which the US is frequently added as a fourth pole, AB Elpidoktonos’ acts symbolically demolished this alliance, which took many years to form.
- The same is true with the existing alliances in Washington DC between Greek-Armenian-Israeli lobbyists… Add to that the bipartisan opposition in DC to Turkish President Erdogan… Elpidoktonos’s calculations were totally against the current political trends…
- It seems that a power struggle is again brewing in GOARCH between Karloutsos and AB Elpidoktonos – this is nothing new as Karloutsos has gotten rid of the former three Archbishops. One more would not be a tremendous problem for him. Yesterday, as his son Mike (aka “Fredo”) Karloutsos was rumored to have sent a “protest letter” to AB Elpidoktonos, regarding the Turkish House appearance, it was clear that this power struggle is reaching its peak.
- The upcoming visit by Patriarch Bartholomew is becoming once again very doubtful. The underlying reason has to do with Phanar’s disapproval by our community. Thanks to our commentary and to the unbelievable childish acts of the so-called “leadership”, it has become all the more clearer that GOARCH needs to be autonomous for a myriad of reasons, topped by the control of the Turks over the most powerful Greek community in the world.
- It would be a good idea for the Patriarch – since he is supposedly working on the new Chapter for GOARCH – to voluntarily take the initiative and grant administrative autonomy to our Church, keeping active the spiritual ties and the financial support. I have said many times that his contrarian personality does not help him at all, but we are still hopeful and there is still time to consider it. The faithful are absolutely disgusted by the presence of the “Turks” (symbolically and literally) in the headquarters. I will say it one more time: The Patriarchate is risking losing GOARCH completely unless autonomy is granted. I have offered many times the example of the autocephalous Church of Crete – but there are other examples… Just pick one…
There are no words to describe the anger I heard, read, and witnessed the last 48 hours… This is definitely a turning point for our Church and community. I am just hoping it’s not too late to save what can be saved.
BELOW: Turkish Oil & Gas Exploration Ship: – We need an open-minded man of God to Bless our Exclusive Economic Zone and our “Blue Homeland”…
-Sure, the Archbishop of America….
SHOCK TURNAROUND: Greek Prime Minister cancels meeting with Archbishop Elpidophoros
In an unsurprising but shock turn around, Greece’s Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis has cancelled his scheduled meeting with Greek Orthodox Archbishop of America Elpidophoros in New York.
The cancellation is being interpreted as both an act of solidarity with Cypriot President Nikos Anastasiadis who also cancelled his meeting with Elpidophoros, and an expression of dissatisfaction with Elpidophoros after he attended the inauguration of the Turkish Centre in New York in the presence of Erdogan.
Greek government sources have suggested that the reason for the cancellation was a scheduling conflict after the addition of a meeting with the Editorial Board of the Wall Street Journal to the Prime Minister’s diary.
However, it is obvious that Mr. Mitsotakis does not want to meet with the Archbishop due to his presence at the inauguration of the Turkish centre.
In fact, yesterday at noon, during a press briefing government spokesman, Giannis Oikonomou, expressed Athens ‘annoyance with Archbishop’s decision”.
“We were disturbed by the actions of the Archbishop. The Greek government expresses its dissatisfaction ” said Mr Economou.
Good work to both Prime Minister Mitsotakis and the President of Cyprus. Greeks should have expected something like this considering the role that Patriarch and Archbishop have played in the Ukrainian church schism. I have been outraged by the fact that the Phanariots tried to justify their aggression against the Russian Church under the banner of Hellenism. We can now see how much they care about Greece and Cyprus.
I have been doing a bit of research on church crimes in America. I learned that there are many beasts in cassocks – false priests and bishops that are lascivious snakes. Let us review the Ten Commandments this day. The GOA is rotting from within – imploding! Let us protect our soul from the beasts in cassocks who do not care one iota for their sheep. They are too busy committing sin.
And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
Time for Elpi to move back to Istanbul with his darling homosexuals – free at last to kiss up to Erdogan
This all makes perfect sense. After going back and re-reading Nick’s link to Elps as being an MIT, Turkish Intelligence Agent when he was a Metropolitan, one can easily conclude that Bart is the head of the Orthodox Religious “Agency” manipulating, scheming and masterminding behind the scenes sending as their henchmen/ “Metropolitans” like Elpidoktonos and others into every country possible in which to act as agents in order to undermine and weaken Orthodoxy worldwide for a new world order and “religious universalism”. Remember, there is NO GOD in this secularization of the GO Church.
Funny how the GOARCH offices/residences are prominently located in NYC and DC where other power ranking so-called “officials/Diplomats” are also located. Elpidoktonos and friends Kartloutosos, et al, etc., are operating under the “guise” of a false “Religion” and have Diplomatic Immunity to travel wherever and whenever they choose with the ultimate goal of destroying Orthodoxy as we’ve known it for their own political gain and power.
Where is God in all of this? NO WHERE. These MEN ARE CRIMINAL AGENTS OF TREASONOUS ACTS.
Jane, we must keep praying as our Lord and Savior desires us to do as faithful intercessors. The book of Revelations is both frightening and full of promise for the future. We are in the end days. We have much work to do as Christians and Orthodox Christians yet to do as you have listed above in the 10 commandments.
As I have been writing continually, there are many FALSE PROPHETS in both religion world wide. Evangelical’s such as Joyce Meyers and Joel Olsteen are no exceptions. There are many examples to numerous to list. Flocks of sheep are easily led astray when you are ignorant in the Word of God and scripture. The only Truth worth knowing is the Word of God regardless of which “religious” affiliation you choose.
Archbishop Elps is what’s called in England perpetually “Away with the Fairies”.