By Nick Stamatakis
About ten days ago, on December 14, the Russian Foreign Ministry published a statement, making specific security demands of the United States. The public nature of this statement as well as the nature of the demands proves that we are dealing with an ultimatum. It is quite clear to me why Putin did this now: With “Biden” in charge, America has never been more vulnerable. Militarily we are behind as the Russians have hypersonic weapons and we do not – Putin himself referred to such a fact publicly. Our Pentagon is concerned mostly with the advancement of “rights” of various groups than with their ability to fight and win a war.
The statement of the Russian Foreign Ministry was followed by a slew of speeches, interviews, and statements on the Russian side (By Putin, Lavrov, and other top officials) while from the American side, Jake Sullivan’s (National Security Advisor) statement proved that we will mostly comply with the Russian demands – if they allow the US to “save face”… Putin, who cares for substance and not for pretenses, will certainly oblige…
- The Chinese Foreign Ministry has officially given its support to Russia: “China believes that in the current environment, Russian proposals are in line with the basic norms of international relations, help to increase mutual trust between countries, reduce the risk of conflicts, and uphold global and regional strategic stability“
- The Russian diesel-electric submarine Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskii has just fired a 3M14 Kalibr from a submerged position in the Sea of Japan against a land target in Russia located over 1000km away.
- German officials have declared that they will not attend the Winter Olympics in China.
- Estonia has declared that it will ship lethal weapons to Ukraine 🙂
- The latest (3rd) US test of a hypersonic weapon has failed, like the previous ones
- The cost of gas in the EU has broken through the $2’100/m3 for the first time.
- German Chancellor Scholz and Putin spoke on the phone.
- The US plans to submit counter-proposals to the Russian side. Should happen this week.
- The rating of President “Ze” is now as long as 16%
- Ex-President Poroshenko has fled the Ukraine (were he is now accused of treason)
- Several Russian officials are warning that US PMCs are involved in preparing a false flag using chemical weapons on the Donbass (like what the West did in Ghouta, Syria).
- President Putin declared that the Russian ultimatum was not an ultimatum, as have several other Russian officials. Putin said:
Meanwhile, I have a few questions for Patriarch Bartholomew: It looks like we are about to see the first steps towards a peace accord between the US and Russia centered mostly on Ukraine. Putin, one way or the other, will control Eastern Ukraine (Donbas) in addition to Crimea. Do you really think that Putin will abandon the Orthodox Christians of Western Ukraine to be threatened by the Nazis and the Nazi sympathizers there? Frankly, not only do I doubt it but I can guarantee you that he will enter specific provisions in whatever “Treaty” he signs with the West, protecting the Orthodox of UOC (Metropolitan Onufryi) who are autonomous under the Moscow Patriarchate and in total have over 70% of Ukrainian Orthodox. In this very likely scenario what will have you accomplished after many years of intrigue on Ukrainian autocephaly? I do not expect an answer from the fools that advise Patriarch Bartholomew…
I will close stating that developments will be imminent – possibly in January. Why? Because Russia now has the maximum advantage with, among other factors, the price of natural gas sky high in the middle of a cold winter…