UPDATE – Tuesday, May 30. Are you surprised Saint Nicholas at Ground Zero stayed closed for Memorial Day? You should not be!! Do they have anything to commemorate at Ground Zero? Of course not!! What a shame, that at some earlier point, GOA was advertising Saint Nicholas as a “Bereavement Center”!!!
By Nick Stamatakis
As if we did not have enough “Wokism” in GOA, AB Elpidophoros decided to shove more down our throats!! A close look at the GOARCH directories from 2023 and 2018 (below) shows that the Archbishop has removed the following official holidays from the Calendar:
1) Holy Ascension
2) Exaltation of the Cross (Holy Cross – Sept 14)
3) Columbus Day
4) Veteran’s Day
And he has ADDED the following:
Yes, Juneteenth is an official Holiday for NY State, but only public establishments must close that day. GOARCH did it by choice and will be closed! What is Juneteenth? It’s the day that marked the official end of slavery in 1965… What need do we have to celebrate it the moment we emphasize Martin Luther King Day in January, where actually our Archbishop Iakovos, a true leader, participated and walked next to MLK? We absolutely have no need!! Our Church and community proved in action, through Iakovos, our commitment to civil rights. Making Junetenth official simply follows the leftist narrative that divides Americans instead of uniting them, by reminding them of past problems…
At the same time, it will stay open for Holy Ascension, Holy Cross, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day! You can link here to see the 2023 Calendar of official holidays (when the Archdioces will be closed) and look below at the two Calendars of 2018 and 2023 side by side…
No further comments on the “wokism” of the calendars… It’s self-explanatory: This Archbishop is hell-bent on following his puppet masters in leftist DC… In the process, he will drive everyone out of the Churches and likely into ROCOR and OCA which are under the Moscow Patriarchate!! Or to the Antiochian Church, which is friendly to the Russian Patriarchate… That’s what’s happening when trying to lead a conservative flock from the extreme left (wokism of all styles, including homosexuality and trangenderism)…
UPDATE ON THE PSAROS-GOLDBURG WEDDING
We were correct in our initial assessment: The wealthy Psaros family bent the rules to fit their “needs” and their family tradition (mixed family, where each spouse follows their own religion)… And they kept the two ceremonies they initially planned: An Orthodox Christian “wedding” in Saint Nicholas and a Jewish ceremony at Cipriani… Karloutsos was spreading rumors that he baptized the groom before the wedding and gave him the name Haralambos!! Who was the godfather? Nobody knows… Maybe Cathimatides… And nobody believes it either!… Karloutsos’s main goal is to keep the “Wedding” controversy low and to help his friend Psaros…
Even if this is true and there was a baptism, we have verified from two different sources that there was a Jewish ceremony at Cipriani, and all of you have seen the photo of the groom wearing his “kippa” as he was dancing with the bride… Don’t we deserve an explanation on why the Church broke its own rules? No, we don’t because, according to Elpidophoros, Karloutsos, Catsimatidis and the rest of the “leaders”, the rules do not apply to those who belong to the “country club” of GOARCH millionaires…
And we do not deserve it for one more reason: We have not found the courage to start lawsuits against GOARCH from the parishes, and we keep sending them money!! Let the parishes stop sending money – as Saint Demetrios of Astoria did for an entire year!! Let ALL the parishes rise and stop sending them money, and you will see how fast they come to their senses!!
To be fair about the “wedding”, I should note that in times past weddings did not happen in Church but a blessing was read at home to the couple… And this blessing was from the Old Testament, likely the same or similar in Christian and Jewish ceremonies! You can see this wedding blessing below…But this does not change the fact that the Canons of this Church were blatantly violated.
Finally, the Psaros family considers it OK to “blend” different religions at will. They can do whatever they wish at home- but after this mixup, this is the last time we want to hear Michael Psaros “preach Orthodoxy” and pretend that he is “holiest” than any and all of us… We are all sinners, and we should all look in the mirror first – especially the “wealthy pretenders”…
ONE MORE CELEBRATION OF POPE BARTHOLOMEW AT “WOKE” ST. BARTS IN NYC!!
Finally, the internet and our emails are catching fire with the news that on Saint Bartholomew’s day (June 10), the failed Archbishop of America will celebrate the name day of Pope Bartholomew… Why are we surprised? This will be the second year this is happening, as the heretics are preparing to celebrate Easter with the Catholics in 2025… To refresh your memory, please link here and here... Below is the official announcement of the “name day celebration” of the most corrupt, sinful, and catastrophic Patriarch Orthodoxy ever had…
Helleniscope will also “celebrate” Bartholomew in our way… Stay tuned…
KEEP UP THE PRESSURE FOR THE REMOVAL OF ELPIDOKTONOS
In the meantime, do your part in the effort to push this failed and heretic Archbishop out by:
- Keep boycotting his appearances anywhere, as you so willfully have been doing for the past two years: Your efforts are so successful that Elpidoktonos has to force the priests of neighboring parishes to attend any Church he visits, accompanied by their families and parish council members!
- Talk to your parish council members and discuss possibly withholding monthly payments to GOA. Many parishes are financially strained, which is an excellent reason to ask the headquarters to reduce or eliminate the dues!!
- Don’t forget that your parish is likely a separate 501C3 organization, and according to State Laws, you have the right of self-governance without impositions and interference from GOA.
- Write group letters to the Patriarchate asking for his removal and the autocephaly of this Church. Here is the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. What to write? Link here, or read Helleniscope’s articles!
- Write to the State Department (AskPublicAffairs@state.gov) and tell them that because of Elpidoktonos you are planning to move to an Orthodox denomination under the Moscow Patriarchate, such as ROCOR and OCA or the Russia-friendly Antiochian!! See if they like this eventuality of losing the Greek American community to the Moscow
- If you want to visit other Orthodox parishes near your home belonging to ROCOR, OCA, and Antiochian, here is the link to find one.
- Keep spreading the word to family and friends, emailing our articles, and reading and spreading other allied websites such as Monomakhos.com!
DISCLAIMER: The views and statements expressed in this article constitute constitutionally protected opinions of this author.